syxth sense thermostat/programmer


For some reason , when the central heating was installed about 6 years ago I didn't have a room thermostat /programmer installed so I have been looking around for one.  I found these great new style, extra programmable ones! These have several good features that can help to save money:

A large display of the room temperature, this makes it really easy to keep an eye , and to make sure it isn't too high.

Easy to programme. The easier these are to programme the more likely it is that you will adjust it as the seasons change

The ability to have different temperatures at different times of the day, see on the diagrram below, you can have a different temperature when you get up to when you come home, then a slow cool down into the night, At the moment I am relying on a very basic clock with pins to programme the boiler, and if you turn it on one day for an hour is is easy to forget so it comes on the next day again. I think one of these will probaby cover most of my 10% reduction in one shot, they cost around £50, not sure yet how much to install, they are available from http://www.syxthsense.com/ecommerce2/search.php?categoryID=5&subcategoryID=188

1 comments:

Neale said...

Hi Lisa,

I installed CM Zone, which is a wireless system, which I wrote up: Installing CM Zone

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

top